RE: Evaluting Success

Many years ago I worked for the Veterans Administration as a medical librarian. I held a local/regional postition as a liaison between the VA Central Office in DC and the local region. It was my job to coordinate regional activities for the VA Library Network and work on national projects at the regional level. The other half of the job was to serve as referecne librarian for the region to answer difficult questions the local VA libraries might not have the resources to answer. It occurs to me that this would be a great way to incorporate a national environmental plan with local regions. If EPA could fund an information liaison type position at the local level to coordinate national concerns and to network with local government agencies to create a regional environmental action plan and to serve as a local expert contact for information resources, web navigation, etc. this would be wonderful. I do think EPA needs to focus and budget for Information Programs and Resources as part of its regular budget not as an aside as was mentioned previously in this dialogue.