Move on and elevate the discussion (response to keeping this dialogue going)

Pat,

I think that you have the right idea with regard to what you have already announced about the future of this site. I was mainly commenting that it would be nice to be able to download the "data" that is in the individual messages from the site so we can all tap into the many ideas that are contained.

It is time to evolve beyond the site and this dialogue to the next level, building on what we have all done here. The discussion needs to continue in well thought out and open forum. It is ok to brainstorm by staying in touch with each other, but I think a more formal process is also in order. You need to review the dialogue and post a summary document with recommended next steps. Put this out for comment - to participants and non-participants alike, maybe this can be one on a similar web site with on-line commenting, although I think it might be good to get it out in more traditional ways as well.

We need to move from this dialogue to the logical next step by developing a National Environmental Information Action Plan and setting up pilot projects. EPA should set up a national workgroup with topical and regional subgroups to begin development of this National Environmental Information Action Plan. I would recommend setting up similar on-line forums that are focused on particular elements of the plan to inform and support the various workgroups. These forums could start fresh and focused around particular elements of the planning process to make the issues easier to follow and develop.