RE: A question for the librarians

Velma,

Thanks for your input. I think the problem goes both ways.  Librarians
in general don't seek out this grey literature from organizations,
nonprofits, etc. Librarians are used to using publishers primarily
for acquisitions. And in reverse, organizations don't think of
depositing their literature in libraries. I think it would be a
fine idea to target specific libraries for your literature, local
and state library of course, and then those with an enviro focus.
We'd (the Millennial Library) be delighted to receive copies of
your publications and info about your organization. We've been
seeking this kind of literature specifically because most of it
doesn't get into libraries. This kind of literature is really
important in my estimation because of its uniqueness. This is one
area for libraries to expand on their traditional functions. And
certainly info about local organizations and their activities should
be part and parcel of any public library. Thanks for your comments.