RE: a question for librarians

I work for the library development division of the Texas State Library. In the past I worked for environmental causes/organizations, and I would like to see the EPA establish a relationship with the State Libraries. This is an excellent way to get information to the people. We have direct or indirect contact with every academic, public and (some) special libraries around the state. Each state that worked with the EPA would likely differ in its approach to providing environmental information, but with some flexibility great strides could be made. States would obviously differ in their environmental concerns, as well. For example, Texas is rapidly approaching a federal crackdown as a result of its poor air quality. The public here needs to know the truth about why the federal government is cracking down, and what individuals can do to help.