Introduction

Greetings,

During college I was involved with the Annual Waste Education and
Research Consortium (WERC)International Design competition. (more
info at www.werc.net) Students rely heavily on information from
EPA documents to aid in the research and design of innovative
technologies; however, the documents were not always easily
accessible.

I now have a degree in Environmental Engineering and currently I
am working for a consulting firm. And still, the reliance on EPA
information as supporting data and statistics exists. Unfortunately
there does not exist a "Government Documents" Library; not unless
each company maintains their own.

Part of my job includes educating the public on environmental
concerns; however, they are more likely to dismiss our information
as biased.

It would be very beneficial if the public had access to the same
information: 1st-so they can educate themselves, and 2nd-so they
can know that our references are accurate and not taken out of
context.

Cheers,
Carol