upon which SS was founded are still valid.  I applaud your guidance
toward the focused discussion of values.

You asked:

#1  What is the most important value that you and your family hold
about Social Security?

#2  What are the values that you most want your elected officials
to protect as they consider making changes in the Social Security
program?

1) Fairness - e.g., the pain of change/reform is distributed equally
across age groups
2) Justice - e.g., across the spectrum of our society, some will
require public assistance indefinitely
3) Accountability - e.g., administration should consider recipients
customers and the public its stakeholder. Fraud should be diminished;
people treated with respect.

Regarding Q2, the following values are what I will hold my elected
representatives accountable to in the reform process:
1) Respect - e.g., for the politically unrepresented (children)
and future generations
2) Pragmatism - e.g., don't sell out my future and my children's
to present day politics
3) Consensus - e.g., this is no time to vote along party lines -
I want to see bipartisan support for whatever reform measure is
implemented.

Thanks for such a great discussion start.

Lisa