response to introduction

I believe that our elected officials should address the interface
between Social Security and the Civil Service Retirement System
(CSRS) fairly.  Having identified a major component of the CSRS
benefit as a Social Security Equivalent by the imposition of the
WEP and GPO, why is this component not afforded the same protection
as Social Security viz distribution in divorce.  Reform is definitely
required here but so far, legislators have not responded.  I suppose
the outcry has to get louder in order to capture their attention.
WEP and GPO prevent double-dipping into more than one social welfare
system. These measures are just provisions, but the treatment of
the CSRS benefit, with respect to spousal share and survivor
benefits, is not.