RE: Communication and Website Usability/Efficiency

With the upcoming ADA (American Disabilities Act) Sec. 508 deadline, much of the high tech, slick web page stuff will go away. All of the gov web sites will have to be accessible to a text reader. For the most part, EPA hasn't gone too overboard with unnecessary webpage gimmicks. We are in the process of reviewing/checking 10,000 ( I believe that is the number I heard) OPPT Web pages for 508 compliance. While I believe that all of our info be should be readily accessible to everyone regardless, I know of at least one case where a video without close captioning was taken down with no intention of it going back up.