Community Activists and Need for Information and Help

I am a community activist. This is not an occupation, but a preoccupation. I have often been involved in grass roots organizing to get an area tested or cleaned up. I wish that the EPA saw itself as an organization which exists to protect the people, educate them on what their rights are and what they need to do to protect themselves against corporate polluters. I hate it when EPA people act as covers for big business. I believe we have the technology now where manufacturing etc. can be done without pollution. With the EPA's help we could make corporations maintain high standards of air and water quality. We need information easily accessible and cooperation.