Communication and Website Usability/Efficiency

This site gives me butterflies. It's difficult enough to read a monitor in nice, plain black and white. Text on "pretty backgrounds" is a sure "click-off" for me. Please have your designers spend their time primarily on substance, and make http://useit.com required reading. Keep byte expenditures (and loading time) to a minimum on graphics and confine them to the introductory page if you must have them. It's our tax money.

I trust no one will find this post on communication off-topic.

Best,
WT

PS: Thank you for keeping the bugs out of this box.