The wealth of knowledge needs to be disseminated

The EPA must disseminate the seeds of information about the public (human) health and the environment thru a comprehensive partnership with the public library system (PLS). There must be a direct link between the partnership and citizens like myself,who seek information we should be able to retrieve/receive,said information in the most unencumbered way. I believe the public library system is the most appropriate partner for the epa. However, there must be mutual benefits,as well as respect for all interested parties. All partners should protect the integrity of the right to know and the freedom of information,for very citizen. There should be a very strong foundation (footings) in advance..supplied by the partners(and other interested parties)..secondly that :"f" word..funding..there.. I said it..which should then be followed by tpy (tons per year) of expertise. More importantly..the ultimate goal that must be achieved..is that ..nowhere should there be a misconnection or disconnection with any community regardless of..it'size..no rock unturned..no one left behind. EPA/PLS must assure equal access for all.this nations strength comes from its diversity. In order to promote environmental justice..the EPA must make access to public information user friendly..it must give citizens a genuine opportunity for public participation..it must use language that is clear,concise and understandable..no technical buzz terms..no legal jargon..no hidden rules..this only leads to frustration and distrust. The EPA/PLS should forge a path that flows with continuity and consistency. You must lead the individual along the entire path towards their environmental and civils rights. This path should have markers along the way identifying potential impacts to their human health,social and economic wellbeing. There should be links/tools pointers along the way i.e. intervener funds..nypirg..how to write a petition. You must always remember..you men/women of the EPA/nysdec/PLS/applicants and their consultants..you do this for a living, we do this because it is where we live..and in most instances are at a complete loss as where to turn and who to turn to.

Deborah M. Glover