Introduction

I am a Program Manager for ASRC Aerospace, a Alaskan Native Corporation that is beginning to move into the environmental information management arena.

I've been very interested in following the dialogue to date specifically as it concerns service to under-serviced populations. There is a definite need to make available information to communities that are limited by lack of resources and hampered by access constraints whether those constaints are physical, such as the lack of computers or Internet access, or by how the information is packaged such as format or language.

I look foward to further discussions of those issues and how information professionals working in those areas are overcoming barriers to access.