Introduction

I represent a County government in St. Charles, MO by providing environmental education and outreach for our County of 285,000 bordering St. Louis. EPA is doing an excellent job and provides me with the major portion of the information I give to our children and citizens. My concern has always been how to reach and provide incentives to those people who are apathetic to environmental care. We have a 20%, 60%, 20% split of the population where 20% on the top take good care of the Earth in every way possible. The 60% in the middle are busy living and earning, and will only take care of the Earth if it costs nothing, and is convenient. The last 20% of the population split, are the ones who flip soda cans out their sunroofs as they drive. This is my need--how can we provide incentives and more convenience in restoring and protecting the Earth to those not now busy doing so? Thanks.