RE: A question for the librarians

Velma,
Regarding using libraries for distributing materials and reports prepared by environmental groups, i.e., getting the work out: our library is eager to receive reports published by local environmental groups on local topics and issues. The problem we often have is that the environmental groups do not think of us after they produce these materials. Depending on the item produced, we will often catalog the item and add it to our collection; distribute material throughout our system for posting in the case of posters, flyers, announcement of events; and offer our auditorium for speakers. I really think that the grassroots organizations forget what a great resource their local libraries are to "get the word out" to the public.