Introduction

Hi, I'm Pat Nunnally, of the Bridging the River Project at the University of Minnesota. We work with local governments, state agencies, and nonprofits along the Upper Mississippi River to provide communication networks and information resources to help them do their jobs better. I hope to learn how to do this better, namely by helping people get better access to the worlds of data available now. My sense is that people aren't sure what's available, and when they do find information, they aren't always sure how to get it in usable forms. Both of these issues are complex, and derive from different access to technology, awareness of how to use it, as well as a host of other variables.