Introduction

Greetings from the Gem State -

I am an Extension Educator for the University of Idaho Cooperative Extension system working on a special project on Water Quality & Monitoring in the Pacific Northwest with EPA and other partners. I am also a member of NAAEE. I have activly colaborated in program planning and delivery with University and local libraries over my 20 year career with the U.S.D.A. Cooperative Extension System. I belive that Libraries are an important partner in educational progam delivery, particularly in rural areas of our nation. I have gathered qualitative data on libraries and Extension System teaching and learning efforts the last three years in Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

I've joined the discussion to broaden my perspective on the issues that emerge, test this method of learning and suggest approaches to better serve the learning needs of local citizens engaged in environmental issues.

I hope to learn how to better partner with local and regional networks to deliver quality programs with EPA, other federal agencies and Librarians in the natual resource and environmenatl arena.