RE: "citizens" experiences

I can remember when the web really hit it big.  The word on the street
was that computers were going to replace paper in an office.  Now,
I haven't been working long enough to know if there's a difference
or not.  But it seems to me that one must print out a "hard copy" of
everything important.

Making the information available on-line and through data bases, allows
more people to access the information (theoretically).  We are still
going to have to provide and preserve paper copies of everything
somewhere.

As a student at a local univeristy, I was saddened to learn that some
government documents (local, county, state, and federal) were only
available on-line and my library was no longer receiving paper copies.
I was forced to spend hours on-line searching for the information I
needed.  And anyone who spends time on a university campus can tell
you that computers are limited and if the demand is up, time on them
is regulated as well.