Greetings and Question for Today: What kind and what amount of information do people need ?

Hi,

It's a distinct pleasure to be chatting with you all over the the
next few days. For a democracy to work, citizens need information
to make their critical choices, so this project is an exercise in
making our democracy work even better, I believe.  In my work life
I host and help produce Living On Earth, heard on National Public
Radio each week, or right now, if you go to www.loe.org.

Question for today:

What kind and what amount of information do people need to be able
to retrieve over the internet via libraries? As much as too little
information can be a problem, too much is also a serious challenge
when we crank up the search engines. So, what is the right quantity
as well as quality to respond to needs out there? And how does they
relate to our own interests, versus the public interest?

--Steve Curwood
Host/Executive Producer
National Public Radio's Living On Earth
8 Story Street