Joining in

I am a Digital Projects Librarian at the Scholarly Communication
Center, Alexander Library Rutgers University.  We are working with
a grant from the NJ Department of Environmental Protection to
develop the New Jersey Environmental Digital Library.  Our address
is http://njenv.rutgers.edu/njdlib/

One of our greatest strengths, but a continuing challenge, is in
working with the multiple agencies, NGOs etc. to coordinate our
information management efforts.  Within the state, we have not only
DEP, but an Office of Information Technology, as well as Departments
of Health, Transportation, and multiple academic and not-for-profit
organizations collecting environmental data.  We are attempting to
sort out everyone's roles in order to maximize resources and avoid
costly and confusing duplication.

We are constantly looking for models and advice.  I hope to find
both in this forum.

Linda Langschied
Scholarly Communication Center
Rutgers University Libraries