RE: grey literature

In my introduction, I failed to note that our New Jersey Environmental Digital Library project (http://njenv.rutgers.edu/njdlibis) based on the concept of capturing grey literature. We have the infrastructure in place, and this year will be a major push to get data/report producers/writers to submit their information to the NJEDL.

We hope that over time, submission from state agencies and (importantly!) from projects funded by state agencies, becomes part of an internal procedure or project deliverable, not needing our active solicitation. However, as earlier noted, the NGOs produce extremely important information; therefore, outreach and PR becomes an imperative component of our work so that this valuable information is not lost.

Linda Langschied
Digital Projects Librarian
Scholarly Communication Center