Social security reform

I am in the national organization SIFE (students in free enterprise) and we have been conducting a social security reform for the past two years. Reform today is very crucial to the nations young people to prevent major problems in the future. If congress waits any longer it will only get worse for the upcoming social security dependants. This "pay as you go" systems is outdated and cannot possibly work demographically. I just got my paycheck today, and there was nearly $50 taken out for social security. It is very hard for me to accept that knowing that I won't see any of it by the time I retire. We need to push privately controlled 401K type accounts so we can actually use the money we save when we retire. I know that IOU's of the the trust fund start becoming due in 2013 and then it will be too late. This MUST be a non-partisian issue. We must act now to save a diseaster from occuring!