RE: social security reform: Ask for it!

I fully understand the feelings of Jeff Anderson. But instead of worrying in a vacuum, I would recommend that Jeff Anderson and all the people of his generation write and call their Senator and Congressperson and insist on a restructure of SS that makes sense. Only by applying political pressure to counterbalance the influence of lobbies which have a vested interest in the status quo can it be possible to change the system.
Please read the fascinating paper by Douglas Arnold on "The Politics of Reforming Social Security" found at
http://epn.org/psq/arnold.html