Charity??????

Social Security and Health Care are the obligations of
civilized society.  Charity is the act of kindness through
sharing.  The two should not be confused.

You asked:
> 1. Do you favor a privatized system which eliminates the current
> system's redistributive benefits formula (which gives relatively
> higher benefits to lower-income people)?

My response: NO WAY!

You asked:
> 2. Under the present system or some of the proposed alternatives,
> will some people be forced to choose between food, lodging or
> medicine in their daily budgets?

My answer:  Not if we reform the tax system to tap the
"source of wealth" to provide appropriate amount of revenue
that will support the "required" level of benefits.

You asked:
> 3. Will charitable organizations be able to fill the gap between
> the needs of the poorest sector of the population and the benefits
> provided by government programs?  Should this be the solution to
> this problem?

My answer: It would be unconcionable for our government to
even consider any plan that used charitable organizations as
a stop gap measure to provide benefits to any citizen of
this country, regardless of their financial status.