Re: Question on Charity

My answers in sequence asked:

1. I favor a privatized system where all income levels put in a required
amount if they have the ability.  If they don't have the ability, I
propose abolishing the current income tax system and replacing it with a
national sales tax system ( see: <http://www.fairtax.org/home.html>) As
you will see under the FairTax plan, lower income people would be
provided a check to offset sales tax cost for essentials.  Payments into
a compulsory privatized social security system could also be included.
Higher income people will always have their own retirement plans
separate from social security which should not be regarded as a
retirement plan.

2. Yes, but we should not design a system that does not require people
to make some hard choices.  While requiring hard choices, the system
should provide essentials to all attempting to provide for themselves.

3.  No, charitable organizations will not be able to fill the gap unless
the requirement is maintained at a relative low level. Yes, this should
be a partial solution to the problem.  There are charitable people who
want to assist and will give assistance to those who are truly in need
due to circumstances beyond their control.