Reform NOW is crucial

My Students in Free Enterprise team and I have worked very hard the past few years educating Oklahomans on what's happening with Social Security and what can be done to reform it for the 21st Century. We MUST do something TODAY and not let this become a partisan issue. Oklahomans are wanting personal control over a portion of their Social Security funds--my students have gathered over 4,000 signatures to this effect. I've taken my students to both Kansas City and Albuquerque where we participated in the Social Security Debates with President Clinton. Rep. Kolbe made it clear that we must NOT ignore the problems of our pay-as-you-go system. Every day we put it off makes it worse for the next generation. We are getting such a poor return on our money through Social Security. Americans are wise to investing--and even if they put their money in a bank they'd get more interest than they're getting now!! When the trust fund IOUs start coming due in 2013 (they year I'm eligible for Social Security), it will be too late. We've taken from "Paul to pay Peter" long enough. Americans have gotten wise--they want it stopped and they want control!