Re: Question on Charity

6/3/99
Dear Bob:
   My answers to your questions are (1) NO!), (2) NO!, and (3) NO!. Ronald
Reagan proved that the private sector will not fill the gaps left by
reductions in people support programs. The least capable among the total
population require a humanitarian effort by the entire population to provide
an income floor that will allow them to live in some semblance of dignity.
Some people are already forced to choose between and among the essentials of
life. As unskilled jobs have disappeared, more and more people are earning
less than required to establish a high enough minimum SS allowance.
Charitable organizations are fine and I support a number ofd them. But, they
can't begin to meet the needs of the several million folks who are
marginalized by our profit driven economy. Thanks for listening.
Revcarllin@aol.com