Re: Question on Safety Net

If we really cared about our elderly then we should care for them, give
them the respect (lacking in this society), cherish them,
love them and relate to them with dignity.  It would be nice to see a
family home that lasted for generations, a home where mother and father,
grand father and grand mother could have family and maybe contribute to
that essence now only found on the few remaining family farms in
America.

We all, (humanity), need to feel loved, needed and wanted.

Many elderly today have out lived their family and live alone.  Many
actually desire keeping to themselves and not wanting to give up
personal freedoms they fear loosing in an institutional facility, (where
they are often discarded by their families and forgotten.).

Dignity and respect, (particularly self-respect) are two important
elements of Social Security need by both the family elders and those
that choose to live alone.

Gary Wilson, Druid