Re: Question on Safety Net

Sir:

As one who has been in the lost column, I think God [and FDR] for
the safty net as one who invested heavily in the stock  of my
employer then watched it go from 90 to less than 7 and my co pension
fall from the promise of 1400 to 730 even after the CEO made millions
and a bad heart stopped my working.  My wife still works and invested
heavily in the stock of her employer and a repeat  of the same
action the CEO made millions and the investers took the shaft. The
value of the stock is less than 1/2 of what was paid.  I see S.S.as
a safty net. There is no longer rickets in our children, but it
can return if we can't afford to help. Hands off of our safty net!