Re: Question on Safety Net

The Safety Net sounds like a Great Communist Idea.  We are all created equal,
I worked my backside off so that I could retire at a certain age. I hopefully
did not do this so some lazy bastard could do the same and suck off some of
the benefits I received from my labors.  Social Security in itself was the
beginning of the breakdown of the family unit. In my youth a relative in a
rest home was very rare, today it is commonplace. We are giving our wealth to
the rest homes instead of taking care of the elderly in our own homes and
passing the wealth on into the family.