RE: risky investments???

There is absolutely no guarantee that the current Social Security system will honor its promises. It is quite simply a tax on working people to support retirees. We used to have 16 workers per retiree. Now we are about down to 2 workers per retiree. The government will have to renege on its promises (reduce benefits and delay retirement age) and will have to raise taxes to an untolerable level. We would be much more secure with private retirement accounts and no unbearable burdens left to our children and grandchildren.