RE: I think I've found the problem

>From: Jeremy Kidd

I have no idea what you are talking about. If somebody proposes a plan than plainly will not work, am I just supposed to say 'you've given it a nice name' and move on. What BS. This board is filled with people criticizing every aspect of the current SS system, including a lot of things that are not true. In that environment, you need to subject their alternatives to the same scrutiny so that bystanders can make a rational decision on what makes sense. You imply that I am not willing to compromise. Not true at all. I am probably more willing than anybody whose plan I have criticized. Indeed, I don't have any plan I am committed to, but am looking for a plan that makes sense. They are rare.

Agreed, unless of course you are implying that I am the one with such arrogance. Actually, that belongs to the people whose plan I am criticizing, who resent such criticism of 'their' plan.

Again, I generally only get vehement against people who I suspect are deliberately 'fudging' after repeatedly being challenged, or people who insult me merely because I disagree with them. I am not the one who is convinced it can only be my way. I can accept minor or major reform if it makes sense. I have a problem with the stuff that makes no sense, and I point it out. It is not my style that causes any problems for Congress. Indeed, the Congressional plans are much better thought out than most alternatives, IMHO. Because they have to answer the tough questions that the other plans want to avoid.

If you could point out a specific message in which you have a problem with my style, and point out what would have been better, I'm willing to discuss it.