RE: I think I've found the problem

James,

You've missed the whole point of my idea, which is not necessarily
surprising, since, as you pointed out, you are one of the main
culprits in the attack line by line group.  There are those on both
sides of the privatize-or-not issue which use that method, so I am
not singling out one group or the other.  My point is not that
criticism should not be directed at ideas, but rather that, instead
of focusing on the ideas in differing points of view which (surprise!)
may take longer than one paragraph to fully flesh out, individuals
like yourself feel smugly confident in tearing down their proposals
line by line, instead of looking for possibilities for agreement
or, dare I say it, compromise.  While I am as suspicious of the
"can't we all just get along" ideal as anyone else, the Social
Security crisis is much more complex than either you or I can fix
by ourselves, and to assume such is arrogance in its highest form.

If those involved in this forum are going to be as unwilling to
see ideas as possibilities for compromise, and instead focus on
attacking vehemently what they disagree with, even if it is only
a small part of the opposing view, this forum will become as
deadlocked by personal arrogance and pride as the Congress that
will be deciding the future of the Social Security system in the
future.  If the public cannot do it, they have no right to demand
that their Representatives do it, either.

Jeremy Kidd