RE: I think I've found the problem

James,

I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings with my comments.  That
was not my intention, just as it was not my intention to attack
either side of the debate.  There are a host of valid points on
both sides.  My comment is that certain individuals in this debate
(again, you decide whether you fit into this category) focus entirely
on attacking any point, and by focusing solely on knocking down
any proposal.  So what if the individual who proposes it has not
had the time that a Congressional office has had to analyze every
aspect of the differing proposals?  As long as people are willing
to propose ideas, and not just tear down, I say let them contribute.
If, however, an individual simply stands around shooting down every
idea that is brought up, that individual would probably serve reform
efforts better by writing op-ed pieces, and not disrupting the
discussion.  Add something constructive, not just criticism.