values

In answer to these two questions asked by the moderator:

#1  What is the most important value that you and your family
hold about Social Security?

We believe Social Security has no real value - at least not for
us and others in our generation - it is a Ponzi scheme, nothing
more.

#2  What are the values that you most want your elected officials
to protect as they consider making changes in the Social Security
program?

That any social security system left in existence from this point
forward be nothing but a fail-safe for the poorest of the poor.
I am tired of seeing today's retirees live the high-life while
many of today's children live in poverty.  IT used to be that the
retired were the poorest segment of the population.  That has
completely flip-flopped with young families being the poorest
segment.  Example:  my in-laws have 2 pensions and both receive
social security.  My husband and I have jobs with no pensions and
are of the age-group that will see a reduction in SS benefits if
we get it at all.  And we pay in a much higher percentage of our
earnings than they ever did.  This Ponzi scheme must stop.