RE: Overview and Opinion

Marv,

We are NOT anti-senior. We are anti wealth transfer. Every senior
now and in the future should get a fair (based on long treasury
bonds)return on every dollar (read again EVERY dollar) they paid
in NO more. NO less. Seniors in the past recieved MUCH more that
this. That is why the system is broke.  I know that recent retirees
are only doing slightly better than break even (less if they
paid in the max. Raising the cap only hurts middle class people.

$72000 per year is NOT rich. In the D.C area it is near the
median family income. The system calculates benefits on 90% of
the first dollar paid in and only 15% of the last. THIS is unfair.
I will NEVER willingly accept the loss of one penny of what my
payments and those of my employers has rightfully earned for my
retirement. Nonetheless,I and other late boomers and X'ers will
get screwed because just like in 1935 and 1983, the easiest thing
to do politically is raise taxes on the future.

I too have been vocal, contributed what I can, and have been
ignored. I must go back to work so that I can pay 15.3% of my
princely salary (thats $10000 per year). By the way, how much did you
pay in 1969 when (I am guessing)you were forty. The answer is
$750 (about $3500 in today's dollars).

Good health to you.