RE: SS REFORM

I would like to clarify what I, at least, mean by wealth. By wealth I mean people who probably have assets approaching $1 million or more. In this group, studies have shown that approximately 50% obtained the wealth by inheritance. By wages, I mean the money people make from working at a job for a more or less defined rate of pay. I do not think the bonus of $100 million that a CEO might get can classify as a wage. I do not think the $20 million that Harrison Ford gets for a movie is a wage. I do not believe it is possible to get rich from wages alone--you must have some other kind of income; bonus, stock options, dividends, etc. The tax on wealth that I think can be used to reduce the social security wage tax would apply to people with $1 million or more. The idea is this; first get a million, then start paying a wealth tax. You'd be a lucky person.