RE: suggested principles

Bravo, Mr. Scott! You have neatly summarized several key points:

* children cannot be forgotten in this reform even though they have no real political power

* any reform must be integrated with other social programs like Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, etc. to ensure that the "solution" does not adversely impact the solvency of those programs.

* an eye towards enhancing rather than constricting the ability of families to save is an important goal.

And, I would like to offer the following:

We should try to push information to "SS account holders" to help them feel closer to their "balances". I know my own motivation to save has increased as my balances have increased. When it looks like more, the incentive to add to it is higher. THus, I believe we should try to create some mechanism for SS contributors and recipients to "access information about their account" as I can today with my various investments.

Best wishes & thank you for your succinct and intelligent posting,

Lisa