RE: suggested principles

|*|I know my own motivation to save has increased as my balances
|*|have increased. When it looks like more, the incentive to add
|*|to it is higher.

This is an excellent point Lisa!  Is there better way to motivate
one to save than by allowing him to invest the money he has earned?
I think not.  If we were able to keep the money we work for, we would
be much more inclined to save for the very reason you described.
Someone else pointed out that with more money we would donate more.

It seems to me that we need to put the choices back in the hands of
the citizens.  Allow us to determine how best to spend our money.
Comfortable retirement is not a right.  Perhaps family responsibility
will once again take care of the elder family members.  Other civic
groups would certainly thrive with more money in the hands of its members.