RE: values

We have heard the complaint that the low income workers cannot
afford to invest for themselves because they have other more
pressing current needs to take care of (i.e. buy shoes for their
children, etc.)  So what do we teach these people to invest with?
You seem to think that the way to financial security and freedom
is through investing and saving, so why not allow all workers to
keep their money and do just that for themselves?  I think that
alternative is fair and would provide greater freedom and security
for low income workers in particular.