RE: values

I don't think regular citzens can expect to be secure
using private investing. Doesn't it take big money to
get the access and personal connections needed for
big returns? Isn't there some luck involved?

The whole idea here is to reduce the number of citizens
starving and freezing to death. I expect fly by night
operators to rob investors. I don't expect a major depression,
but as I have read, in the '30s people who were living on
income from investments lost almost all thier buying power.