RE: Values

Hi- I am an attorney in Lynnwood, Washington.   I specialize in
social security and bankruptcy.  In focusing on what values of Social
Security are important to me, I can speak personally as well as
professionally.  Personally, I want to make sure that tax money is
going to be there when I retire.  My husband and I take care of my
mother, and I am concerned regarding the continued cutbacks in
Medicare-the only medical insurance my Mother has.  She needs
several medications which are expensive and which Medicare does
not pay for, so she goes without, as do millions of other Seniors.
I came from a very poor background, so personally I also distrust
arguments of private investments accounts.  When you make minimum
wage and don't have enough to live on, you ahve nothing to invest.
Social Security is a social program, not an investment program.
Professionally, I am concerned that the beauracracy of Social
Security is being lead by the concerns of big business rather than
what is best for citizens of this nation.  You want us to be brief,
so I'll stop here.