RE: Values

>It is naive to think everyone who works can save for retirement
> voluntarily.  The bottom two or three fifths of working people
> are not in a position to put aside from each pay period more
> than Social Security takes without making severe and even lethal
> sacrifices.  When illness strikes are we supposed to get health
> care or save for retirement?  When our children have only shoes
> with holes to walk to school through the snow are we to save for
> the future or bury a pair of shoes.  Any viable plan must be
> grounded in reality, not in the vapid pipe-dreams of the
> affluent.  Get real, please.

Perhaps, people taking charge of their retirement will change this
attitude by showing the common person that the wealth ammassed by
the affluent was created by saving and investing.  Sure, some lucky
ones inherited their wealth but the great majority have acquired or
enhanced their wealth by the simple concept of compounding.  What would
makes you think that the government run system would enable retirees
to acquire financial and personal freedom when most of the time is spent
lobbying politicians to throw some scraps their way?