RE: Values

#1  What is the most important value that you and your family hold
about Social Security?

I value most knowing that if all our efforts to take care of
ourselves economically fail, we will fall into a safety net, not
a catastrophically hard place.

#2  What are the values that you most want your elected officials
to protect as they consider making changes in the Social Security
program?

I want my elected officials to revise the system where needed so
that if all our efforts to take care of ourselves economically
fail, we will fall into a safety net,  If we work hard all our
lives, but have bad luck, we should still be able to subsist decently
in our old age and/or disability.  It is hard to be poor.  It really
is easier to give up surplus wealth than it is to be poor.

Ruth Reilly