RE: Values

I couldn't agree more with Richard Arnold!  The government has not
only mismanaged SS surplus funds but has lied to the American people
in regard to SS viability.

The scare of loss is the message that is fed to people in response
to privatization but the reality of loss is the fact of the IOU's
that remain in place of the surplus that was promised to insure SS
long term survival.

I would not advocate the eventual total responsibility of any plan
of retirement be placed in individual hands but I do believe that
the privatization of surplus funds would place SS funds out of the
hands of politicians who would sap America's future elderly of
their needed financial help in years to come.  There is very little
risk in the market compared to the risk we now face with government
IOU's.

Robert MacDonald