RE: Values

I, too, think the greatest value of a Social Security System would
be that it serve as a "safety net" for those members of our society
in greatest need of its support. What may be appropriate is a
reconsideration of current thinking and a focus on other means to
finance the "retirement" of the workforce (excellent examples were
provided), while using SS funds to ensure that all of our people
are provided humane support.

Many Americans believe that it is our "right" to be financially
supplemented by this system when we retire from the work force.It
is unjust to "switch without warning" and today's Baby Boomers,
who have been paying into this system for years, are relying on
the supplemental income SS will provide. It must be there.

Let us set some realistic, humane goals for future implementation
of this system. Anything is possible, if you know where you want
to go and are committed to getting there.

As for the values I would like our politicians to emply...please
recognize the goals of this system and its real purpose. Do not
bend, twist or mutilate it to further your political career goals.

Thank you for providing this forum for discussion and venue for
learning!