RE: A Fundamental Question

I believe we could say the same about virtually any social program,
or, legislation for that matter.

Doesn't it seem more logical to base program development upon the
foundation that benefits, structure, etc. are dynamic and must
change according to economic, social and global realities?

A significant issue in this debate is the reticence of some
constituents to consider "giving up" anything in the current model
when it may actually benefit them.  For example, the current debate
surrounding increasing SS eligibility age is profound:  some seniors
oppose it out of hand, yet, many over 65 would prefer to work in
meaningful positions if possible.

Everything needs to be on the table.  There can be no sacred cows.

Lisa