<Previous> -by subject-Next>

"...but for the Grace of God, go I"

Those of us who are preoccupied by life in these "Good
Times" think that "it can't happen to me".  But it does
happen, when we least expect it.  And, at the wrong time.
WE, THE PEOPLE, must provide the safety net for those
who fall, fail or can't quite grab the brass ring.

Ken Diamond (above) says it very well. "Social Security
meets the social welfare needs of Society;..EVERYONE
should participate in supporting it"

Just one simple piece of legislation requiring every
profitable business of this United States to participate
in funding Social Security will stop any further questions
about "going broke", "being able to support it in the
baby-boomer expansion", or this dumb idea of "privatizing".

Since this provides a method of paying for it, let's
make it a sincere effort to help rather than a welfare
to keep them poor old geezers out of poverty.