How can EPA and our partners help libraries?

EPA and its partners can help libraries dramatically by providing funding to support our needs. Unfortunately, in California libraries are underfunded; and, some are considering cutbacks. Our County library is in that situation. Some City libraries are following suit. Also, EPA and it's partners should routinely send documents (free of charge) to libraries. Since local funding is so limited, locals rely on state and federal agencies for alot of environmental information. Consider sending out lists of useful documents by category along with a list of contacts in the Regional Offices and State organizations for further information. Keeping libraries informed of current research and findings. It seems that the Office of Research and Development focuses their outreach with libraries tied to schools .. but, there needs to be more outreach with county and city libraries. Consider placing on the web the list of documents by subject/issue along with a search mechanism. That way, libraries (who are always so busy) can search for the appropriate document using the web site then locating the document in their library. If the library doesn't have the document, maybe there is a way for them to order it free of charge from EPA's and its partners web sites.