RE: Talking to each other (Study Circles -- Public Libraries as venues)

Velma,

We had the core of our Web site up and running in time for the Study Circle participants to get additional information as they wanted it. In the second year we also offered a two-session training on the Internet for Agriculturalists. This program took place not in the same location as the Study Circle, but in the closest other participating library (geographically) so if Study Circle participants wanted to register they could. I know that one member of the Study Circle attended at least one Internet Training session.

As for this format being use for other topics, yes! The Study Circles Resources Center has developed alot of good printed guides on a variety of topics -- environmental, economic, race relations, etc. etc. -- I am sure they would prove a valuable partner to the EPA or anyone else looking to use this format.

Have a good day!
Rebekah Tanner