RE: on using acronyms & abbreviations

Rebekah,

You show great courage in pointing out that there are terms
you don't understand.  Too often, people feel intimidated and
forego knowledge for the sake of avoiding embarrassment.  I
happen to be a chemist; however, I wasn't born one.  It took
many questions and demands for explanation to learn this discipline.
When I started working on EPA issues last year, I felt way out of
the loop because I didn't have the lingo down.  I decided to show
some courage myself and asked that acronyms and other jargon be
explained.  I quickly learned that I was able to grasp the issues
and understand the arguments.  Please keep up the inquisition, it
may lead others to do the same.

Sincerely,
Jim Cooper